Do you do these things when transporting your clients?
- Client’s seatbelt is secured properly
- Your seatbelt is secured properly
- Shoulder belt is not placed behind the client’s back or under the arm
- Client is secured in back seat where appropriate
- Driving distractions have been eliminated (such as cell phones)
- Vehicle walk-around inspection completed
- Vehicle engine, steering, lights, etc. are working properly
- Vehicle mirrors are in proper position
- Driving directions are obtained before driving begins
- Smoking is not allowed in the vehicle
- Plenty of driving time is allowed
- All traffic laws are observed
By implementing this transportation safety checklist, you are ensuring you and your client’s safety during your travels.